Yay 4 Life! helps cancer patients and their families with various forms of assistance. We understand the financial and emotional toll that cancer has on all family members. Yay 4 Life! wants to inspire ambitious students, despite their setbacks, to create a life of hope and possibility by providing financial assistance to attend the college of their choice. We have established the Yay 4 Life! Hope Scholarship to assist a cancer patient or a child or sibling of a cancer patient with a financial resource to continue their post-secondary educational endeavors.
Value: $ 1,000 – $ 3,000, depending on number of scholarships awarded
Are you eligible?
- The student or a member of the student’s immediate family has active cancer diagnosis.
- The student must be a graduating senior and meet the academic and administrative standards of the college of your choice.
How do you apply:
- Complete application, picked up from the FHS Counselling Office.
- Write a one page essay of why you need, want, deserve the scholarship and address the following question: HOW HAS MY EXPERIENCE WITH CANCER IMPACTED MY LIFE VALUES AND CAREER GOALS?
- Provide a letter from the attending physician (of cancer patient) verifying medical history and current medical situation. Medical information will be kept confidential and will only be utilized to support the qualification of consideration for the scholarship.
- Provide a copy of your resume.
- Submit at least 2 letters of reference from your teachers, coaches, and/or counselors.
By deadline: All complete applications must be turned in to the Lead Counselor’s office no later than Friday, March 27th, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.